Good afternoon,
下午好。
I have just accepted Her Majesty The Queen’s kind invitation to form a new government.
我剛剛接受了女王陛下的盛情邀請,組建新政府。
Let me pay tribute to my predecessor.
讓我向我的前任表示敬意。
Boris Johnson delivered Brexit, the Covid vaccine.....
鮑里斯·約翰遜完成了英國脫歐、新冠疫苗接種等。
History will see him as a hugely consequential Prime Minister.
歷史將把他看作是一位影響巨大的首相。
I’m honoured to take on this responsibility at a vital time for our country.
我很榮幸在我們國家的一個重要時刻承擔起這個責任。
What makes the United Kingdom great is our fundamental belief in freedom, in enterprise, and in fair play.
英國之所以偉大,在于我們對自由、對企業、對公平競爭的基本信念。
Our people have shown grit, courage and determination time and time again.
我們的人民一次又一次地展示了勇氣、膽量和決心。
Now is the time to tackle the issues that are holding Britain back.
現在是解決阻礙英國發展的問題的時候了。
We need to build roads, homes and broadband faster.
我們需要更快地建設道路、房屋和寬帶。
We need more investment and great jobs in every town and city across our country.
我們需要在全國的每個城鎮有更多的投資和偉大的工作。
We need to reduce the burden on families and help people get on in life.
我們需要減少家庭的負擔,幫助人們在生活中獲得進步。
I know that we have what it takes to tackle those challenges.
我知道,我們有能力應對這些挑戰。
Of course, it won’t be easy. But we can do it.
當然,這并不容易。但是,我們可以做到這一點。
We will transform Britain into an aspiration nation…with high-paying jobs, safe streets and where everyone everywhere has the opportunities they deserve.
我們將把英國轉變為一個有抱負的國家......有高薪工作,有安全的街道,每個人都有他們應得的機會。
I will take action this day, and action every day, to make it happen.
今天,我將采取行動,每天都采取行動,使之成為現實。
As Prime Minister, I will pursue three early priorities.
作為首相,我將追求三個早期優先事項。
Firstly, I will get Britain working again.
首先,我將讓英國重新運轉起來。
I have a bold plan to grow the economy through tax cuts and reform.
我有一個大膽的計劃,通過減稅和改革來發展經濟。
I will cut taxes to reward hard work and boost business-led growth and investment.
我將通過減稅來獎勵辛勤工作,并促進企業主導的增長和投資。
I will drive reform in my mission to get the United Kingdom working, building, and growing.
我將在我的使命中推動改革,讓英國運行、建設和發展。
We will get spades in the ground to make sure people are not facing unaffordable energy bills and we will also make sure, that we are building hospitals, schools, roads, and broadband.
我們將努力確保人們不會面臨負擔不起的能源賬單,我們還將確保,我們正在建設醫院、學校、道路和寬帶。
Secondly, I will deal hands-on with the energy crisis.
第二,我將親手處理能源危機。
I will take action this week to deal with energy bills and to secure our future energy supply.
我將在本周采取行動,處理能源賬單并確保我們未來的能源供應。
Thirdly, I will make sure that people can get doctors’ appointments and the NHS services they need. We will put our health service on a firm footing.
第三,我將確保人們能夠得到醫生的預約和他們所需要的國民保健服務。我們將把我們的衛生服務放在一個堅實的基礎上。
By delivering on the economy, on energy, and on the NHS, we will put our nation on the path to long-term success.
通過在經濟、能源和國家衛生服務系統方面取得成果,我們將使我們的國家走上長期成功的道路。
We shouldn’t be daunted by the challenges we face.
我們不應該被我們面臨的挑戰所嚇倒。
As strong as the storm may be, I know that the British people are stronger.
盡管風暴可能很強大,我知道英國人民更強大。
Our country was built by people who get things done.
我們的國家是由那些能完成任務的人建立的。
We have huge reserves of talent, of energy, and determination.
我們有大量的人才、能量和決心。
I am confident that together we can:
我相信,我們可以一起:
Ride out the storm,
渡過風暴。
We can rebuild our economy,
我們可以重建我們的經濟。
And we can become the modern brilliant Britain that I know we can be.
我們可以成為我所知道的現代輝煌的英國。
This is our vital mission to ensure opportunity and prosperity for all people and future generations. I am determined to deliver. Thank you.
這是我們的重要使命,以確保所有人民和后代的機會和繁榮。我決心實現這一目標。謝謝你。
評論:與鮑里斯·約翰遜約翰遜的告別演講比,利茲·特拉斯的演講顯得特別通俗易懂,且言簡意賅,并未給自己貼金,但缺乏亮點,通篇口號較多,且看她將如何行動吧。
今日語料庫
1)pay tribute
致敬; 敬意; 朝貢;
2)consequential
[?k?nskwen?l]
adj.相應的; 重要的; 隨之而來的; 相應發生的; 作為結果的; 將產生重大結果的;
3)grit
[ɡr?t]
n.砂礫; 勇氣; 沙礫; 毅力; 沙粒; 細沙;
vt.(在結冰的路上)撒沙礫,撒鹽,撒沙子;
4)tackle
[?t?kl]
v.解決; 應付; 處理(難題或局面); 與某人交涉; 向某人提起(問題或困難情況); 搶球; 搶斷; 搶截; 鏟斷; 擒抱摔倒; 抓獲;
n.用具; (足球等)搶斷球; 阻截鏟球; (橄欖球或美式足球)擒抱摔倒; 阻截; 阻截隊員; 體育器械; (尤指)漁具;
5) aspiration
[spren]
n.渴望; 抱負; 志向; 發送氣音; 送氣;
6)get spades in the ground
鏟子在土里,意思是做好準備,有充足的力量做什么事。特拉斯很喜歡用這個比喻,之前發表演講,也用到了Spades are in the ground
7)hands-on
[?h?ndz n]
adj.實際操作的; 動手的;
8)daunt
英[dnt]
vt.使膽怯; 使氣餒; 使失去信心;
今天的內容就分享到這里啦
希望這份資料能夠幫助到大家
版權聲明:本文來自互聯網整理發布,如有侵權,聯系刪除
原文鏈接:http://www.freetextsend.comhttp://www.freetextsend.com/tiyuzhishi/21400.html